Professional Bird Control
Jarrod's removes nuisance birds and provides bird control in:
- Homes and apartment buildings
- Condos, hotels and motels
- Government buildings (including police and fire stations)
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Commercial office buildings
- Churches and all other places of worship
- Industrial parks, factories and manufacturing facilitlies
- Food processing and bottling plants
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Supermarkets, retail shopping centers and malls
- Warehouses and storage facilities
- Bridges and highway overpasses
- Public and private schools and universities
- Food preparation and food service companies
As the leading bird control and exclusion company in Georgia and Alabama, Jarrod's has the experience and expertise to eliminate any nuisance bird problems in any situation. We can handle any job of any size from the smallest home to the largest hotel, commercial office building or airport.
Regardless of the size of the job, all our customers are treated with the same degree of professional service and care. Our customers are the most important thing to us and we will go to whatever lengths are necessary to eliminate their problem. Bottom line: Our customers are satisfied when we leave!
What Are Pest Birds?
The public's affection towards birds in general often leads them to turn a blind eye to the damage that pest birds can cause and the risk of disease is seriously underestimated.
The most obvious and well known example of nuisance pest birds are pigeons. Pigeons in large numbers cause millions of dollars a year in damage because of the large amount of droppings that cover the faces of buildings, monuments, bridges, statues, benches etc. Bird droppings contain chemicals that corrode metal and concrete and have been cited by the Delaware Center for Transportation as one of the primary causes for several bridge collapses including the I-35 Bridge in MInnesota in 2007. Other examples of pest bird damage include:
- Birds feathers and nesting material that accumulate in the ventilation shafts of buildings, vents and heating/A/C duct work.
- Fouling of communications antennas used as roosts on top of buildings
- Flooding caused by large amounts of bird droppings that block drains
- Paint damage to bridges, water towers, buildings, homes etc. caused by caustic chemicals in bird droppings
- Damage to automobile finishes
- Contamination of food products in manufacturing facilities
- Ceiling and roof collapses from the weight of accumulated bird waste
- The spread of disease from bird droppings including histoplasmosis and avian flu.
- Parasites commonly carried by birds (ectoparasites) that can cause diseases such as bird borne encephalitis and West Nile virus in humans
How We Get Rid of Pest Birds
- Trapping and removing birds that remain in buildings
- Capping and screening vents and ducts to prevent birds from re-entering buildings and homes
- Removing nests and nesting materials
- Installing bird "spikes" along structure edges to keep birds from roosting
- Repairing existing holes and gaps that allow access to attics and other structures that birds use to live and nest
- Installing bird netting in areas not easily protected using other measures
Other Bird Removal Services
Once the bird droppings, feathers and nesting material have been removed the area must be decontaminated and sanitized. Ectoparasites like fleas and ticks that have been feeding on the birds are killed with our powerful sanitizers and will no longer pose a threat to the well being of humans or pets.
Commercial Bird Removal
Free estimates, low prices and prompt, professional service. Call us today and get rid of those pesky nuisance birds for good! 706-221-8000
Jarrod's Pest Control and Exterminator Services In Georgia and Alabama
- Columbus, Ga
- Ft. Benning Ga.
- Fortson, Ga.
- La Grange Ga.
- Hamilton, Ga.
- Waverly Hall, Ga.
- Cussesta, Ga.
- Phenix City, Al.
- Eufaula, Al.
- Smiths Station, Al.
- Fort Mitchell, Al.
- Opelika, Al.